Posted on October 14th, 2020
Shunyata Research invests heavily in research and development, affording even our least expensive products the quality and performance that have made our reference products worldwide standard bearers. Venom V14 Series power cords are engineered to deliver on Shunyata’s promise of exceptional value and performance.
The Venom V14 Digital is a highly specialized power cord that has an internal multi-stage noise-filtration circuit that was designed specifically for computer-based music systems. This powerful filter removes noise and interference from both the power line as well as from noise generated by the components themselves.
Recommended applications: Ideal applications include devices that use very noisy switched mode power supplies (SMPS) including computer peripherals, music-servers, NAS arrays, routers, switches, monitors, clocks, up-samplers, digital transports, wall warts, and power bricks.
Available in C5, C7, C7P and C13 terminations.
MSRP – $375.00
Posted on October 10th, 2020
“In our never-ending pursuit to experiment with all types of woods and materials, we had the opportunity to build with hemp. We weren’t sure how these hemphones would turn out, but to everyone’s surprise it quickly became a favorite passed around Grado. To be blunt, this is one of the best sounding Limited Editions we’ve built.”
Possibly, the ultimate “head”phone!
Cannily retailing for $420 USD, they are available in this fair land for $599.00 MSRP.
Also in our latest Grado shipment is the new 12 conductor headphone extension cable ($89.99) and the hard shell case ($49.99), to keep your beloved Grados safe and sound.
Posted on October 8th, 2020
The ProJect X1 represents the 7th generation of the classic ProJect 1. It has been improved in every aspect thanks to modern materials and new production techniques.
* Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
* Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
* Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
* Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
* Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acryl platter
* 8,6” carbon/alu sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
* Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tonearm bearing
* Ortofon Pick it S2 MM cartridge newly developed with Ortofon
* Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
* Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
* Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject phono cables
* Height adjustable, aluminium feet for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
MSRP – $1199.00
Posted on October 3rd, 2020
For the month of October the Bluesound Node 2i will sell for $549.00 plus GST. That is a saving of $100.00.
The NODE 2i wireless music streamer easily connects to any existing stereo system to unlock and discover a universe of audio streaming. The NODE 2i connects your audio gear to online streaming services, Internet radio and even your own digital music library. The NODE 2i brings high-res audio to any sound system.
– Connect to any existing stereo amplifier, AV receiver, or powered audio system.
– Featuring digital and analog input/output options, headphone stereo mini jack, and subwoofer out.
– Simple setup directly inside the user-friendly BluOS Controller app.
– Access and stream Internet radio stations, cloud music services, and your own local music library to multiple Bluesound Players.
– Dual band Wi-Fi and support for 2-way Bluetooth aptX HD ensures music playback without interruption.
– Control music wirelessly with the intuitive BluOS Controller app.
– Control it with the optional Bluesound RC1 Remote Controller
– Connect Bluesound to your Amazon Echo with the skill in the Alexa app and use Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant to control Players around the home.
– AirPlay 2 lets you play music or podcasts from wireless stereo components throughout your house — all in sync.
Posted on October 1st, 2020
Originally launched in 1957, the Heresy is now available in its fourth incarnation. The latest version is a little bit of a departure. Klipsch have moved away from the tried and true acoustic suspension design, instead opting for the inclusion of a Tractrix rear port. In doing so, the Heresy produces cleaner, more powerful bass.
Also new is the K-702 midrange compression driver. With a polymide diaphragm, this new driver is capable of exceptional detail.
Finally, sensitivity is increased to 99 dB @ 2.83V/1m and a 10 year warranty is standard issue. MSRP – $4400.00/ PR.
Posted on September 25th, 2020
In the words of Magnepan, the (L)ittle (R)ibbon (S)peaker is a “full-range quasi-ribbon speaker that was designed from the ground up to give you a pretty good idea what to expect from the 20.7 or 30.7. The LRS was designed using high-end electronics and mono blocks. The LRS will perform nicely with a receiver, but it was intentionally designed to extract the most from high-end amplifiers and electronics. The LRS expects more from a properly designed high-current amplifier. That is a radical departure from most entry-level loudspeakers. If you put your expensive high-end amplifier on the LRS, you will hear the difference.”
MSRP – $995.00 plus GST.
Posted on July 30th, 2020
The City of Edmonton Bylaw 19408.
Commencing August 1, 2020 and in accordance with the City of Edmonton Bylaw 19408 – Temporary Mandatory Face Coverings Bylaw, we will require anyone entering our premises to wear a face covering.*
Should you not have a face mask upon arrival, one will be provided
Thank you for your cooperation.
* “face covering” means a medical or non-medical mask or other face covering that fully cover the nose, mouth and chin.”
Posted on June 30th, 2020
We will be closed Wednesday, July 1 for Canada Day. Normal business hours will resume on Thursday. Thank you.
Posted on June 6th, 2020
It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we announce the passing of our dear friend and colleague Ernie at the age of 63.
Ernie joined us in 2002 and worked diligently, tenaciously and without complaint. He was generous of spirit, a great raconteur, with a fine sense of humour.
To quote the Gagnon family, he “was a lone wolf, but always an integral part of the pack. He lived the life he chose, with his family being priority #1.”
He will be genuinely missed by all us at the Ark.
May our friend rest in peace.
Posted on April 9th, 2020
We will be closed on Friday, April 10th for Good Friday. Normal hours of operation resume on Saturday, April 11th.